Friday, May 27, 2011

Changing your deployment server url

Today I spent an hour googling & searching to change the target deployment setting in Visual Studio 2010.
I downloaded a sample project from the web and of course, this project has a different target deployment server then my SharePoint server.
I could find hundreds of articles about packaging etc etc but none told me where to change this setting. (No, it's not changeable in the OBVIOUS right mouse on project ->properties ->"SharePoint" screen...!

After getting frustrated finding nothing interesting on the web I tried fixing it myself; opening up the .csproj file with notepad myself... tadaa..!! Fourth line:
http://semoss2010/

YES ! Let's try to change that... VoilĂ  !! Happiness :D :D
(Quickly write a handy blog about this !)

No comments:

Post a Comment